Sarah King is an English born and Australian made musician, refined, emotive and versatile. A romantic dreamer delivering an intimate collection of genre-blurring tunes on her debut EP. Taking hints of jazz, folk and pop to create a warm vintage sound clearly rooted in her classical style featuring lush arrangements and swooping melodies tugging heartstrings and captivating listeners with her serene vocals.
An organic and perhaps inevitable transition from her musical experiences as a Violinist Sarah has moved unobtrusively into writing, arranging and performing introspective songs draped with dreamy strings and melodic horns. Reflective, intangible, delicate and earthy. She muses about connection.
- Dec 4 // George 20th Anniversary show with special guest Jack Carty, The Gov Adelaide
- June 4 // Grace Emily Hotel, Adelaide with special guests
- July 23 // Brick City Bar, Adelaide - Solo Fundraiser, Umbrella Winter Sounds Festival
- Aug 27 // The Wheatsheaf Hotel, Adelaide EP Launch featuring full band & string qtet
- Sept 15 // Stone Pony, presented by Wirra Creek Music, Willunga Show Hall
- Oct 1 // The Cranker, Adelaide - Sarah King, Poppi and Kate Fuller
- Nov 3 // Naomi Keyte & Sarah King, Cafe Troppo Adelaide
- Dec 1 // Fridays after Five, Aldinga
An affirmation of the human heart, its explorations and wanderings, a celebration of fragility and strength communicated through a collaboration of musical forms and genres. An intimate solo performance built upon Sarah’s classical foundations and contemporary experiences engaging listeners with a tapestry of thought provoking lyrics, subtle melodies and blossoming arrangements. As a multi-instrumentalist Sarah highlights her love for the ‘string quartet’ medium weaving samples of her recordings and arrangements around her delicate and serene vocals with glimpses of Kate Bush tones and Motown vibes.
- Jan 6 // The Wheatsheaf Hotel, Adelaide SA
- Jan 13 // The Black Malabar, Newcastle NSW
- Jan 18 // Brunswick Picture House, Brunswick Heads NSW
- Jan 20 // The Bison Bar, Sunshine Coast QLD
Inspired by the challenges faced by women and the rise of homelessness in women Sarah recently released her debut single ‘Back Home’ receiving airplay on ABC, Triple J and community radio throughout Australia. She volunteers as a music tutor at Catherine House – Solutions for Women Experiencing Homelessness in Adelaide.