Sarah King is an English born and Australian made musician, refined, emotive and versatile. A romantic dreamer delivering an intimate collection of genre-blurring tunes on her debut EP. Taking hints of jazz, folk and pop to create a warm vintage sound clearly rooted in her classical style featuring lush arrangements and swooping melodies tugging heartstrings and captivating listeners with her serene vocals.
An organic and perhaps inevitable transition from her musical experiences as a Violinist Sarah has moved unobtrusively into writing, arranging and performing introspective songs draped with dreamy strings and melodic horns. Reflective, intangible, delicate and earthy. She muses about connection.
- December 4th // George 20th Anniversary show with special guest Jack Carty, The Gov Adelaide
- June 4th // Grace Emily Hotel, Adelaide with special guests
- July 23rd // Brick City Bar, Adelaide - Solo Fundraiser, Umbrella Winter Sounds Festival
- August 27th // The Wheatsheaf Hotel, Adelaide EP Launch featuring full band & string qtet
- Sept 15th // Stone Pony, presented by Wirra Creek Music, Willunga Show Hall
- October 1st // The Cranker, Adelaide - Sarah King, Poppi and Kate Fuller
- November 3rd // Springtime Busking - Fridays after Five Markets, Aldinga
Her self-titled debut EP is an intimate collection of songs featuring themes of home, love and loss. Engaging listeners with lush arrangements, soaring melodies and transfixing harmonies - dreamily beautiful.
A firm believer of keeping her musical journey and life full of inspiration and development her music captures the subtleties of deceivingly simple melodies layered with intricate and at times restrained arrangements which expand into lush thick textures weaving around her ethereal vocal lines inviting audiences to come a little closer and stay a little longer.